The City Commission recently approved a resolution to change the yard waste collection schedule to occur once weekly on Wednesdays. This change will begin in April and will save fuel and disposal costs, wear and tear on sanitation vehicles, lower the City’s carbon footprint, decrease the frequency of residential truck noise, and make for a more efficient collection route.
Yard Waste Tips (Flyer is HERE)
- Place all yard waste by the curb before 7am on Wednesdays.
- Make sure that branches are cut to 3 feet or less in length and 5 inches or less thick.
- The City will pick up 2 hopper loads on Wednesday free of charge. A hopper load is a pile no longer than 4 feet wide, 3 feet high, and 6 feet in length. This is equivalent to 14 leaf bags, 14 32-gallon cans, or 2.75 cubic yards.
- If you would like more than 2 hopper loads picked up on Wednesday, please contact the Public Works Department at 727-547-4575 ext. 250 to arrange payment. The fee is $5 per additional hopper load.
- Do not allow landscaping companies to leave yard debris at your residence.