PUBLIC WORKS: WATERING RESTRICTIONS
Jim Murphy, Director
727-547-4575 ext. 250
POTABLE WATER RESTRICTIONS
(includes tap water, well water)
• Lawn and landscape watering is limited to one day a week
• Watering is prohibited between 10am and 4pm.
• All observed violations will result in a fine of $193
For more information and to look up your authorized watering day, visit www.pinellascounty.org/utilities/water-restrict.htm or call (727) 464-4000.
If your house number ends in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8,
water on Thursdays and/or Sundays
If your house number ends in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9,
water on Wednesdays and/or Saturdays
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of flower beds, shrubs and other plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day, if needed, but is limited to allowable watering hours.
New Lawns & Plants
- New lawns and plants have a 60-day establishment period. On days 1-30, they may be watered any day of the week. During days 31-60, they may be watered three days a week. Even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Odd-numbered addresses may be watered on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Rights-of-way and other “no address” locations may be watered on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.
- Except on the day of installation or when sprigs are being grown, establishment watering must be done during allowable watering hours.
- Be able to supply proof of installation date upon request.
- Fountains and other aesthetic water features may only operate four hours per day. The regular hours of operation can be selected by the owner, but must be posted.
- Car washing is limited to once per week on the designated watering day for the location.
- Fundraising car washes cannot be scheduled after the effective date of these restrictions.
- Commercial car washes, including mobile detailing businesses, may still operate on any day.
- Fire engines and other emergency vehicles may still be washed on any day as needed.
- Boats can be rinsed and boat engines can be flushed after each use.
RECLAIMED WATER RESTRICTIONS
- House Number ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8: Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturday
- House Number ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9: Wednesday, Friday and/or Sunday
- Mixed or No Address: Wednesday and/or Sunday
Watering is prohibited between the hours of 10AM and 4PM
For more details, please call Customer Service regarding reclaimed water at (727) 464-4000, or visit www.pinellascounty.org/utilities.
Other Water Restrictions
Car and Pressure Washing
Residential car washing is now allowed one day per week..
Charity car washes are now allowed..
Commercial car wash operations and mobile detailing services are allowed
Pressure washing once per year or as necessary
PUBLIC WORKS HOME
nUsed Appliance Pickup
nPlants & Lawns
nHazardous Waste Disposal
Roads & Streetlights